Fall in love with your skin again
Photofacial treatments can dramatically improve the appearance of your skin discoloration. It’s commonly used for treating; sun spots, age spots, spider veins, rosacea, and capillaries. We use our ICON system’s photo rejuvenation technology, which delivers gentle pulses of intense, optimised light to regions of unwanted pigmentation and facial vessels.
Treatment time can be as short as 30 minutes, depending on the area being treated. Our clients have achieved excellent results with just 1 or 2 treatments, but for best results several treatments may be required.
After your Photofacial, you will notice changes in your skin. Do not be alarmed as mild side effects are perfectly normal. These changes indicate that the treatment is working properly.
The most common issues that clients experience are:
- Brown spots
These symptoms create no reason for concern. There is a healing process that takes place, with side effects lasting only a few days then you will get your beautiful glow back and notice a significant skin tone improvement.
Treatments can take between 30-45 minutes depending on the size of the area being treated.
To ensure your post-procedure experience goes as smoothly as possible here are some aftercare tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t take hot showers, hot baths, or bask in a hot tub for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Don’t exfoliate your skin within the first seven days as it may cause irritation.
- Don’t pick any crusting or blisters.
- Don’t exercise or participate in any strenuous physical activity. Wait at least two days to do so.
- Don’t expose your skin to the sun unprotected. Wait at least 30 days to do so.
- Don’t use skin care products that have harsh chemicals or contain high amounts of vitamin A, such as alpha-hydroxy acids, Accutane, Retin-A (tretinoin), glycolic acid, and retinoic acid.